1. Communication: the skillful expression, transmission and interpretation of knowledge and ideas.
2. Research and Planning: the search for specific knowledge and the ability to conceptualize future needs and to devise solutions for meeting those needs.
3. Human Relations: the use of interpersonal skills for resolving conflict, helping and relating to people.
4. Organization, Management and Leadership: the ability to supervise, direct and guide individuals and groups in the completion of tasks and fulfillment of goals.
5. Work Survival: the day-to-day skills that assist in promoting effective production and work satisfaction.